Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Beat the Machine

Today while I was supposed to be working on in class blog I was distracted by a challenge I could not refuse. There is a link on The Word that takes you to a website that has the online version of rock paper scissors. I was told that it is almost impossible to beat the computer in any number of rounds. This is because the computer uses data taken from thousands of other games it has played and uses that to try and predict your next move. Well by being completely random in every move I made, and with a little natural rock paper scissors instinct, I was able to make things a little more fair and even beat the computer with a score of 15 wins 12 ties and 9 loses. This just goes to show if your are planning on trying to beat a machine on anything don't think and just go for it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's the best record I've seen against the computer. You should take that show on the road.

    ReplyDelete